Mold is often the outcome of secondary damage where the necessary prevention measures have not been taken. It can also be the result of long term water damage, or structural issues within your building. Not only do we find mold unpleasant to look at, it also poses more serious health risks. As a result, you need to take quick and resolute action so as to protect your health and the health of others around you. Victoria Asbestos Removal offers mold removal services and can assist with every aspect of building treatment, from analysis to complete remediation.
Health and Safety
We work in accordance with strict health and safety regulations in the removal of mold. Our staff wear high-quality face masks as well as vinyl gloves. For larger remediation projects, our staff wear full protective suits. If your property requires mold removal, we will close off the area in which we work, so that mold spores cannot disperse across your home. Our trained employees will then discard any moldy or porous building materials. This can include products like drywall and insulation. These materials, simple to replace, are very rarely able to be returned to their original condition.
Health and Safety Continued
Mold often arises in the prevalence of moisture in your building's walls. When a spore lands on a damp surface, it can multiply quickly causing increased damage to your property. Our professionals will clear the air in the contaminated area of any airborne mold spores using air scrubbers and air exchange. This treatment serves to replace contaminated air molecules with clear air through a simple process of ventilation. We will also be careful to use strong antimicrobial chemicals to clean the remaining mold stains after our initial remediation.
In some scenarios, we will recommend that your property or its affected area undergoes a drying program that will serve to immediately prevent the further growth of mold. Given that mold requires moisture so as to assist the spores in germinating, a reduction in the humidity of a property using specialist drying equipment will prevent further growth. Mold spores cannot be seen by the naked eye - however, our trained professionals are more than capable of spotting signs of mold and providing effective treatment at an affordable price point.
Mold and its prevalence in your home can have a number of effects upon your health. Whilst people in good health might not always suffer serious side effects, some can become very ill should it go untreated. Those most likely to suffer from the presence of mold in your property include persons with asthma or lung conditions, the elderly, and individuals with allergies, bronchitis or pneumonia. Act now if you suspect that you have mold in your property. We will work quickly to remove it in a safe and affordable manner. We have dealt with many instances of this kind and draw on our experience in situations such as this to guarantee your safety as well as the safety of those you live or work with.